Rules & Policies Overview for Common Room
Our hope for all events in our Common Room is that they might be inspiring and life-giving. We have developed these rules and policies to help. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
1. CHURCH PROPERTY. Church property will not be loaned, borrowed, or removed from church premises. Church property such as chairs, tables, etc. may be used as provided and under the rules herein.
2. CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS. Organizations are required to obtain a certificate of liability insurance naming the host as additionally insured. Minimum liability coverage is $1,000,000 per event. Coverage may be acquired through your current insurer; online at https://www.theeventhelper.com; or by contacting Cross Insurance, 101 South Street in Pittsfield, (413) 445-5648.
3. NO SMOKING ALLOWED. In accordance with Massachusetts state law (2004), smoking is prohibited in all parts of the building. Additionally, in accordance with Pittsfield Board of Health regulations (2007), no smoking may occur within 10 feet of any doorway or window. In practice, the entire property is tobacco-free. In addition, any evidence of concealed weapons, illicit drugs, or other illegal activities will be reported immediately to the Pittsfield Police Department.
4. ALCOHOL. Any renter and/or caterer must comply with all applicable laws and liquor regulations and acquire all permits required by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or the City of Pittsfield. In accordance with official church policy:
• Any serving of beer and/or wine must be explicitly stated. “Hard” liquor or spirits are not permitted.
• Alcohol must be served at a separate station that is monitored at all times to prevent underage drinking.
• Whenever alcohol is served, non-alcoholic alternatives must always be offered with equal prominence and accessibility.
• Food must be served when alcohol is present.
• All non-church events in which alcohol is sold require a Certificate of Liquor Liability naming the church as additionally insured, in addition to the Certificate of Liability named above. We also require a copy of the liquor license. Contact the City of Pittsfield Licensing Board, 70 Allen Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 (413) 499-9363.
5. BUILDING USE. All organizations agree that they will ensure that all event participants leave the building after the event.
6. NO GAMES OF CHANCE. Any form of gambling, in which money is bet against someone else’s, is strictly prohibited.
7. SUPERVISION OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH. We require renters to provide a safe environment for children and youth. All users of the facility are expected to adhere to the following:
• No fewer than two adults should be present at all times during any program or event involving children.
• Adult supervision is required at all times both inside and outside of the church building.
• Children and/or siblings of the group members must stay with the group or under the care of additional adult supervisors.
8. FOOD AND DRINK. If a private catering service is used for an event, the caterer must furnish all equipment (e.g. dishes, silver, table cloths, etc.) and remove immediately after the event. Storing of catering equipment is not permitted.
9. DECORATIONS. Reasonable decorations may be attached to the walls or doors with removable tape that will not permanently damage the surface. All such decorations must be removed immediately and completely following the event.
10. SECURITY. We work to maintain a safe and secure environment within the facility, however no systems are foolproof. We ask that all users pay close attention to personal property and valuables, not leaving them unattended. We are not responsible for theft or damage to personal property.
Finally, don’t forget to consider your own setup and teardown needs for your event. Please factor that time into your booking accordingly.